All Grown Up...
Man, I thought that only people with kids do this type of stuff. Well, I took some advice from Morgan and decided to post one of these. Ok... so now that I have figured all of this stuff out, I thought that I would post some of my stuff from the trip to Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore...
So one of the first couple of days at the beach, I thought it would be a good idea to sit right where the tide stops ( I think that is what it is called anyways). Well, this was a good idea if you only wanted to get a little bit wet but it was a bad idea if you don't like sandy bum! When I stood up, I thought that I could have been LIPS again! I couldn't get the sand out of my bottoms so since we are in the ocean.... I swam out a little bit, took my bottoms off, and washed them out. Since there were ladies with no tops on walking around the beach, I thought it would be ok for me to do that out in the water :)
Don't worr
y Mom, it isn't real!
One night, Tim and I decided to go hit the crazy streets of Phuket. We found some place that said "America Style Tattoo." What the heck does that mean? From looking at the pics, I thought it was like a henna tattoo. Instead, they trace the tattoo and then roll this gel stuff onto your leg, which leave the ink on your skin. They then paint this black dye onto your skin. It was pretty sweet and lasted the rest of the vacation. The main reason I got it was to see how tan I got but it didn't work.Don't worr
Work it! I need a glass of wata! Morgan really did her best to have me take pictures every place that we went. On this beach, there were girls taking thousands of "myspace" pictures where they were working it!
Dead or Alive?
LOOK AT THE CRAZY FOREIGNERS!
The greatest thing about being in China or anywhere in Asia... You can do what you "normally" would do as an American pictures and they will stare at you OR you can do what they do in pictures and.... they still stare at you! Doing the 2 peace is one of my favorite poses!
Little What? India? Where are we again? Why are all of the men just hanging out? This is where I fell in love with Indian food! We also went to some pretty crazy Buddist Temple. I think that all of the people in there that were worshipping hated us being in there. It was quite a crazy experience. We saw everything from people being in a pushup position and kissing the ground to eating the ashes that they put on your head. Anyways... while wondering the streets, we noticed that there were only males. Come to find out, the women work in their culture. Umm.... good thing I am from America.
Here on Sentosa Island, I thought I was working back at the Plant Shack. This butterfly was created using flowers! I was soooo amazed! I like doing funny poses cuz then the girls think that they need to do them too! Well, I am always trying to get them to look at the camera and one of the ways that I do it is through bribing them. It smacked me in the face... Adayla was pretending to take a picture of me and she said,"Josie, smile or else you aren't gonna get any treats!" I love having a 3 year old as a mom.
Watch out for that Beach Patrol! O wait.. you can't miss her!
Whales like the water I thought? Wait.... Beach Patrol? In the words of papa skinner.... she makes her own waves every time she takes a step on the beach! I hope that everyone can see the size of her!
Job Anyone?
Mom and Dad? Lucas and Steph? Viva Malaysia! When we saw these offices, I told Tim to take a pic. You can even eat American food like Chili's, Auntie Anne's, Dunkin Donuts, TGI Friday's, and Hard Rock Cafe.
At Phi Phi Island, they told us specifically to not touch the monkeys. When we got off the boat, people were trying to hold the monkeys. About 2 minutes later, a little girl got bit by a monkey. That was the end of trying to feed any monkeys for me. It wasn't work it to have to take a trip to the hospital.
Muslim Josie
So on we rode the train from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, the closer we got the KL, the more clothes the women were wearing. After wearing this robe thing for a little bit, I decided that I really like it. Morgan told Tim that we had to leave the mosque before I converted to Islam.
Morgan and Tim always knew where to find me. I was either playing in the sand, taking a nap, or "studying"(which eventually led to taking a nap:).
Being Mormon, I always whined about having to wear a one piece (well, you know what I mean). Well, I decided that I could not be a muslim anymore. In the ocean or at the pool, they would be totally covered from hairline to ankle. That actually swam in that stuff! And at the hotel, there was a swimming pool just for women... weird, creepy...
I loved the resort that we stayed at. My favorite part, this position in the pool! Even though the beach was about 100 yards away, this was my favorite place to relax. When we were ready to get out for the day, the Kuehnes would head up to the room and I would stay here for another 30 minutes or so. I could be a beach/pool bum, minus the sandy part :)
So this completes the first attempt at blogging. I will have to try again sometime but for now, this will have to do! I may try to put some other China pics out on here but we will just have to see!
Love,
Josie
3 comments:
You are awesome. It is fun to see you. It has been almost two months since we were there. You are so pretty. Hope that you get the travel bug. Those were great pics of work for dad. I think he is worried about me travelling every month to see grandbabies so I am not sure about the overseas.lol Love, lilgma
Haha, maybe that is why you are constipated... you didn't get all of the sand out... LIPS. I loved reading your comments and seeing the pictures. I always loved the outfits of the Muslim women as well, I just never got to put one on. Thanks for postimg... it worked!
Shayla
PS I didn't see the 'whale' in the picture about the beach patrol.
Wow Dobey! Look at you blogging! I can't say much, all I do is make blog comments. And I couldn't see the whale either, but I am still laughing because of the Papa Skinner comment. Somethings never change!
vanny
Post a Comment