Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

As I get ready to start my internship, I forget how busy change can be! I went home for a couple of days, have been house hunting, packing, and of course working full time at Pilot. As I am getting ready to leave my favorite truck stop in the world (jokes:) I have had a crazy couple weeks there. I would like to make everyone's day either with a good laugh or to remind yourself to be thankful where you are at :) ( The best story of the semester happened with the toilet paper hanging out of the back of a lady's shorts. If you haven't heard the story, call me:)

About 2 weeks ago my manager got a call. The person on the phone asked for someone to go out and check on a driver that isn't feeling well. I got picked to ahead out and took a mexican worker that doesn't speak english cuz I dont wanna got clubbed and pulled into a truck. I get out there to find the driver in tears... I went back inside, called non emergency and they hauled him off. (Possible stroke and stayed at the hospital a couple days).

2 days later, one of the managers busted some guy for stealing 9 Ferrero chocolates, 4 bananas, and coffee. Best part: all that fit in his coat pockets and he got done bailing him out for $210 on another small theft. Does he know how many chocolates he can buy with that money!?

One Saturday, a homeless man that reaked of alcohol came up to the counter and told me to call an ambulance cuz he was having chest pain. He walked out of the floor and just laid down in the entrance to the store. We thought he died but he was ok... They came and took him away.

Yesterday, a guy came up to my counter to 50 dollars back. I asked him how he wanted it back... He told me anything. Without thinking I said So ones will work eh? He response... Well I hadn't planned on going to that kinda of establishment tonight. Are you offering that service? If you are, we better find a pole quick... did you know you have a perfect body for that?.... I couldn't reply to any of it and told him to leave the store.

Lastly, there is a lady that has came in a couple of times and everytime, she is totally cracked out on something. Well today she came in with a kid of about 6 years old. While they ordered Wendy's, we call the police due to endangerment of a child. As they were waiting for Wendy's, the cops blocked in the car. While heading toward the door, the little boy says "Look, there are cops outside." The lady then says to the little boy "Oh we better turn around and wait in here for a minute." At that time, the police then walk in the door. Moral of the story... Yep she was under the influence of drugs and they thought it was meth.

Oh Pilot how I will miss you!

1 comment:

Brigham said...

that was an awesome post josie. what good memories you will have every time you stop at a pilot...