As most of you know... I work at a gas station. Well not quite a gas station. It is even creepier. a truck stop. I have been working there for 7 months now and I wanted to share some of the experiences/lessons I have learned.
1. I would rather have my own problems than anyone else's.
2. Whether you have a wedding ring or not, "people"still hit on you. (Yes I wore a fake one for the first couple of months I worked there. I received many compliments and got hit on as well.)
3. It is ok to date your boss, even if you think he is a doof the first day he trains you. We have been dating for 7 months.
4. It is ok to accept tips from people. Even if they do not swing your way and are hitting on you. I was at work last week and I gave a lady back 12 dollars. She handed me back a one dollar bill. I asked her if she wanted to do truckers for tots or something with it and she smiled and said no that it was for me.... umm yeah.
5. I took some 30 year old drunk 2the bar one night after he could hitchhike a ride home. After completing my act of service and telling people the story, I realized it wasn't such a good idea. I still have his number in my phone because he told me he wanted to take me out sometime. His real name: Blue.
6. How are there still Russians in Russia? All of them seem to drive truck in America! I have been called names by them many times. It is weird that they don't know important english names but they know swear words.
7. When driving down the interstate when I was little, I used to wonder why there were England trucks in America. Well turns out the company name is C.R. England.
8. I tend to talk louder when I speak to foreigners. Note to self... yelling does not help.
9. I still giggle that my family doesn't tell people where I work:)
10. Drama does not stop after high school. It continues to where you work or go to school. or both:)
11. People think it is perfectly normal to not show up or call into work. Umm in the "real" world this should not be acceptable. That is why they will pry work at Pilot the rest of their lives.
12. I know more about the weather conditions and road closures than I do about what is going on in my classes. When the roads are closed, Pilot becomes a cluster and I hate working there. I am asked every 5 minutes whether or not the roads are open!
13. The roads in wyoming close for one reason... truckers think that there is no time to stop so they will keep driving no matter what which then they are stupid and cause the roads to be closed!!!!
14. I have heard so nasty things which I dont care to ever share with anyone ever again.
15. I have became more aware of my role in the government. Only from having to listen to old guys talk about it all day.
This list continues to grow but here are some thoughts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Growing up is still the most fun thing to do. You are never too old to learn or to be kind.
Post a Comment